Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Getting to know you. Wait...getting to know me. I'm confused.

Hello there. As you can see from the title of this blog, my name is Stephanie Augello. I'm from New York. If you met me for more than 30 seconds, that would most likely be obvious, though I'm proud to say that my acting teachers eradicated my accent years ago. Yes, I am a reformed theater kid, and am also a recovering poet. When people who I have known for years ask me the question, "How did you decide to study animation?," I respond with the same explanation every time. I bet you want to know what that is. Okay, I'll tell you.
I have a prior degree in Fine Arts, and also a practical background in both film production and administration. I moved to Asheville, NC 3 years ago, worked in a bar, and also roamed the country in a variety of rental cars. After awhile, I realized that the job title of "transient" would one day look awful on a resume, so instead of choosing that career path, I decided to go back to school at the Savannah College of Art and Design. I thought about my previous background, and then realized that I also had no idea how to use a computer. I had avoided them for years because I'd thought that they were ruining society. I obviously got past that opinion. Anyway, 1+1+1= animation. So, here I am. It was an educated guess, really, and a serious pain in the beginning. You try learning something you're basically clueless about at the jaded age of 25. I dare you.
I have cats (Only 2. I'm not a cat lady.), a Volkswagen with a lot of bumper stickers and a busted window, and a rather large bookshelf. I still keep in touch with people I've known since birth. I have a list of things I want to do before my time is up on this earth, which includes climbing Machu Picchu, seeing Europe on a bicycle and living on a tropical island.

1 comment: